We want the conference to be as affordable as possible; so while we are currently unable to offer any financial assistance to participants, the registration fee will be just £10. To register, visit the University of Nottingham online shop before the 5th June 2015.
The conference is located at Highfield House, on the University Park Campus of the University of Nottingham. On Google Maps it is marked “Graduate School.”
If travelling by train to the university, there are two station options.
- The closest station to the University Park campus is Beeston station. The campus is within walking distance from the station and the journey on foot takes approximately 30 minutes.
- An alternative station is Nottingham station, which has a taxi rank and is close to a number of bus services that can used to reach the university. (See below for bus details.)
- For additional information on travelling by train to the university please visit the University of Nottingham website.
- The closest bus services from Nottingham station to the university can be found at the Broadmarsh bus station which is a short walk from the station. Both the Trent Barton’s Indigo and Nottingham City Transport’s number 13 services will take you to the campus.
- From Nottingham city centre the Orange line services 34 and 36 will take you either onto the campus itself or via the North and West gates.
- Please note that most bus services in Nottingham require exact change!
- For more information on bus services to the university please visit the University of Nottingham website.
The University Park campus is easily accessible from the M1 and has pay and display car parking system in operation.
- The satellite navigation code for the university is NG7 2RJ.
- From 9.15am to 4pm on weekdays, vehicles parked in the university require a pay and display ticket. For details and pricings please consult the Nottingham University website.
- A map of the campus that shows available car parking can be found here.
East Midlands Airport is 17 miles away from the university. Bus services to the University of Nottingham can be found here.
Directions from Beeston station to the campus on foot
- After exiting the station turn left onto Station Road.
- Turn right onto Queens Road.
- Turn left at the end of Queens Road at the roundabout.
- Turn right at the next roundabout onto Beeston Lane. This will take you to the West Gate entrance to the university.
If you decide to arrive the night before, or stay overnight after the conference, there are several options you may want to consider.
- We have arranged for a limited number of rooms to be made available to delegates in Broadgate Park, very close to the university’s West Entrance. The accommodation is a single room in a six bed flat with other delegates sharing one bathroom and a large kitchen/diner. This option costs £40 per night and can be booked through the online shop during the registration process.
- If you have more money in your accommodation budget, The Orchard Hotel is a newly built hotel located near to the West Entrance. For more information please see the Orchard website.
Other Accommodation Options
There is a wealth of accommodation options within Nottingham city centre and there are also some within Beeston. Some possible options include:
- The St James Hotel is a small boutique hotel with extremely reasonable prices starting from £54. See more on their website.
- The Rockaway Hotel is located very near to Beeston station and rooms start from £51. More details can be found on the Rockaway Hotel website.
- Within Nottingham city centre a Premier Inn is located close to the Victoria Centre and thus the Orange Line bus services. More details can be found here.
- Another option that you may want to consider in the centre of Nottingham is the Ibis Hotel. There is a stop of the 34 in front of it, that leads you straight to campus. For more information, see the Ibis Hotel website.